Dugalić’s home theater was the National Theater in Belgrade, but in 2000 he left the professional position there to pursue teaching career. He also acted in a number of plays in other Belgrade theaters, including Madlenianum, Terazije Theater and Yugoslav Drama Theater. During his career, he received a number of awards, including:
- Cesare in “Mask” by Miloš Crnjanski – Annual Award of the National Theater
- Sigismund in Life is a Dream by Pedro Calderón de la Barca – Annual Award of the National Theater, award “Milivoje Živanović” in Požarevac
- Petar in Govorna mana by Goran Marković – Sterija Award, award “Ljubiša Jovanović” in Šabac, critics’ award for best acting achievement in 1998–99 season
- Karađoz in The Damned Yard by Ivo Andrić – Sterija Award, “Zoran Radmilović” award, audience award on Sterijino Pozorje, award “Milivoje Živanović”
- four “Golden Knights” and two “Silver Knight” on the “Golden Knight” International Theater Festival in Russia
- award for directing Putujuće pozorište Šopalović, Šabac
- audience award for directing Omer paša Latas, Brčko
- Robert in Betrayal by Harold Pinter – 2014 “Miloš Žutić” award by the Union of Drama Artists of Serbia
In 2010, he directed and played in monodrama Confession of Dmitry Karamazov, based on Dostoyevsky‘s The Brothers Karamazov, for which he received the Silver Knight in Moscow and opened the first Festival of Monodrama and Pantomime in Zemun.
Dugalić has a long teaching career with the Academy of Arts, Belgrade, a private university specialized in drama arts. He became an assistant professor at the in 2001, and full professor in 2007. He was the dean on the same Academy for the school year 2015/2016. He helped establish the “Integration Workshop”, a Belgrade theater for blind and visually impaired actors.
Belgrade Academy of Arts started its work in 1995 with the vision that the dominant of its higher education activities is art, in the broadest sense of the word. The Belgrade Academy of Arts enjoys a two-week reputation of a higher education institution that prepares its students for the global world of professional arts.